Monday, June 4, 2007

Differences in manners between my country and NewZealand

Differences in manners between my country and New Zealand
I am Tongan and I would like to talk about three differences in manners between my country and New Zealand. The first one is swearing in front of your parents, sisters and brothers.
We are very strict with that behaviour. It is not allowed at all, but in New Zealand some people allowed. In Tonga wearing mini clothes is a bad taste because you offend other people around you. In my country they think that is why rape is increasing nowadays because ladies show their bodies to men. They think it is something that leads ladies to danger when they wear that kind of clothes.
Finally it is very bad to answer back to your parents or screaming at the elderly is totally disrespectful in Tonga. When I grew up we were taught that this is one of the worse manner will not exceptable. Firstly we learn from home because parents are the first teachers of manners. If they teach manners at home it will going to help the teachers a lot at school. I have seen a lot of kids here in New Zealand who answer back to their parents in a very bad way which is against my belief.

No comments: